Thursday, November 18

full circle

its interesting how fate comes at you.
its interesting how things happen.
:)

few days right after i came back from hobbitland, i received teacher's calls/sms/msn messages.
its really rare to see her online anyway. (must be smthg super duper urgent)
Loving Tree was having a story telling event. and they required an English MC.

now knowing me (being all anal, routined , well planned, and painfully boring) I'd squirm at these last minute requests. I'd go why cant it be planned earlier? why can things be more well thought through? why cant it be more well prepared?

i would. i really would.

but through the years (yes, years. Teacher has been with me since my high school days)
this was not my 1st last minute gig.
but through the years, i'll never say no to smthg like this.
reason is simple. I felt the purpose for it.

It wasnt like some commercial gig where i get paid for an event.
it was smthg that meant smthg to me.
smtg close to my heart.
I had nthg to lose. (ok, maybe a few hours of sleep). but i could sleep those hours away anytime any public holiday.

It's been months since i "did not work".
I've been busy working for months.
What i did last sat & sun did not feel like work. :)
i was tired as hell. but it doesnt feel like shit.

"happy-tired" someone told me.
True.
I'd agree.

I came a full circle on 14th Nov.
I started 1 1st story telling competition on Sept 6, 1996 in SJK(c) Perempuan Klang.
I came back and took the stage again as MC on Nov 14, 2010 in SJK(c) Perempuan Klang.

Amazing

No comments:

voices of new malaysia

15Malaysia