Saturday, November 13

assumptions.

we always judge people.
no matter how much we say we dont.
we do.

its a norm we do.
LV bag - oooh.... high class.
charles & keith - hmmm... stylish practical.
jimmy choo - diva?
happy energetic not bad looking dude - gotta have a gf, else he's gay.
some single apek in the cyber cafe - adult friend finders? O.o
=.=

you see a bubbly chirpy guy who loves colors, he's gay?
you see a uncle with a chinese girl eating dinner, she's a gold digger?
you see a auntie with a young lad shopping, she's cradle snatcher?

lawyers - drunken indians (i'm nt racist)
pharmacist - nice chinese girls
accountants - CINAAA.
designers - sloppy dude, with no routine and an attitude.
interior designers (guy) - gay

advertising?

they're either labeled - wild, slutty, social, drunks, philanderer, sleep around, have parties, alcoholics.
i dun get it.
not everyone's like that.
the work is already difficult enough.
as though the stress isnt already unbearable.
now this?

i'm sick of my friends and family asking,
eh don't go clubbing la.
eh u drink alot a?
dun drink la.
do u smoke?
why u so wild one?

and it pisses me off so bad.
2 yrs of work.
i've been in a club 3 or 4 times.
i do not smoke.
i dun get piss drunk.
i dun fool around.
i kept track of my spendings.
i try to have friends.
i try to be friendly.
i go yumcha, not clubbing.
i dont buy designer labels.
i'm already dead broke as it is.
i've been effing rational!

i've done less that what some normal college kids do every week.
i see ppl getting piss drunk every day.
i still see clubs filled with 20 yr olds.
when i finish work early in the morning, i jam home with a bunch of drunk kids.

i dun mind strangers having that assumption.
i really dun giv a fuck.
but if u still claim u know me, and love me.
then please. don't make assumptions which are as hurtful.

the most hurtful words come from ppl who u care the most.
those sting like a steel knife cutting down your throat.

i dont even wanna explain.
if u understand me, thank you. you have no idea how much that means to me.
if you dont, i'm sorry i've wasted your time.

i'm sorry i've been a failure to you.
as a colleague, as a friend, as a bestie, as your sister, as your daughter.

3 comments:

hEnRy said...

siapa buat your mood tak baik...
nak i bully dia balik?

Irwan said...

Only people working in advertising knows what's it all about.

I've had my share of people making assumptions about me because of my work.

The worst so far was someone actually told my mother that the reason I come home late all the time is because I'm screwing around. Having fun and all...

Eventually, you learn how to deal with it but yeah, it really hurts when those who are supposed to be close to you say those things to you.

In any event, stay strong babe. I'm proud of ya!

Minang Bercakap American said...

My grandma thinks I work at a night club because I come back late. But it's allright. She doesn't know the world of advertising that well. Even if I explain to her 1000x times. Nevertheless, hang tough Caryn. At the end of the day, you know what you do and there are like minded people like you. :)

voices of new malaysia

15Malaysia